The word Tile comes from the Latin word Tuile. Usually, the tile is a thin layer of an object that is made of brick. It comes from the rectangular or the squire shape. The basic work of a tile is to cover the floor. It works to beautify the floor. Many things depend on the cutting of the tile. As tile is a thin layer of strong brick object it needs a cautious cut so that the tile doesn’t crack or chipped. Here in this blog we try to discuss about how to cut tile with a wet tile saw.
For the safe cutting of a tile, Wet tile saw is a very useful machine to use. It makes a tile cutting easier by its continuing water spraying.
Before going through our following topic on how to cut tile with a wet saw without chipping, it will be better to know about the wet saw.
- 1 What is a wet tile saw and how it works?
- 2 Why does the tile need continuing water supply?
- 3 The diamond tile cutter and its usage
- 4 How to make an accurate cut with the wet tile saw and the diamond blade?
- 5 Basic things that are done by the wet tile saw
- 6 What is diamond saw blade is used for?
- 7 Final Verdict
What is a wet tile saw and how it works?
From the above introductory discussion, we can assume the wet saw. Generally, it is a cutter or a strong tool that is used to cut the tiles. This machine is attached to a pump and a tank. When the cutter is about to cut the tile with its diamond-shaped blade, the pump is continuously spraying water in the tile.
Why does the tile need continuing water supply?
The tile is not a delicate thing. It is made of hard thin material. And a hard thing is very prone to crack or break. Many tiles are chipping because of using a tile cutter. Generally, when a sharp thing falls into a hard thing it gets cracked.
So, a wet saw is used wherein the process of cutting the tile doesn’t have a lack of moisture. The pump in the wet tile is incessantly spraying water in the tile. It makes the inner of the tile delicate. As a result, the cutting of the tile becomes smooth and easy. With the wet tile saw, any hard type of tile can be cut delicately.
The diamond tile cutter and its usage
The diamond blade or the diamond tile cutter is attached to the wet saw. In the diamond blade, there is no tooth. The diamond blade makes the tile cut into a delicate and finished shape. The wet saw keeps the tile cool and prevents crack. Cutting the tile in a proper way a wet saw is essential.
How to make an accurate cut with the wet tile saw and the diamond blade?
An accurate cut with the wet saw is very easy and smoothly finished. It is used most of the time in tiles cutting. Tiles are usually made of strong brick. So continuous moisture only makes the tile cut in a finished way. In this case, a wet saw would be the best choice. Basically in a simple way if we explain how a finished tiles cutting is done.
Before starting, it is needed to know that at first a portion of the tiles should be marked where we can position our diamond blade. When the diamond blade is going through the tiles, the pump behind the wet saw continuously sprinkled water in the tiles. So that with each inch of tiles cuts the water moisture the tiles properly.
Basic things that are done by the wet tile saw
- The submersible pump of the wet saw use to draw water from a tray that spraying it onto the diamond-coated blade. It is keeping the tile cool and minimizes the dust while cutting.
- This water is passing through the sliding table where is the blade is working.
- In the sliding table, the tile is placing in the rear fence to make a straight cut of the tiles.
- Before starting cutting, it is advisable to make a mark on it.
- Later switching on the saw and adjusting the blade if we move the sliding table front and back it will make an easy cut.
- When the blade is spinning, using both hands by giving a little bit of pressure can make the work easy and simple.
What is diamond saw blade is used for?
In the market, there are many types of diamond blades and their work in many ways. Such as for cutting stone, glasses, coal balls, and the diamond blade does bricks all. Even for cutting many types of jewels and diamond also the diamond blade is used. The water-cooled diamond blade can make the hardest cut easy and simple.
In the diamond blade, there is no tooth which makes the tile cutting safer.
In the process of cutting a tile, some things should be bored in mind. If you hear the motor is bogging down, then without pushing so fast it would be better to slow down. And let the blade is work on its own. For more post please visit our Home page.